- Curriculum that provides hands-on learning and prepares graduates for the current healthcare environment. Although rigorous and demanding, the practical experience students will gain in the very supportive atmosphere at KCCC, is beyond measure.
- Provides graduates with a solid foundation for NCLEX-PN success [5-year NCLEX first-time pass rate is 97%].
- Students learn in a broad range of clinical settings throughout the program of study.
- Program length options – choose what learning pace works best for you: 12-month or 19-month
- PN students will be eligible to take the Practical Nurse – National Certification Licensure Examination (NCLEX-PN), which is required for practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
About The Licensed Practical NurseThe LPN delivers nursing care and/or facilitates wellness and health promotion for individuals in a variety of health care settings. The LPN possesses basic nursing knowledge and skills, critical thinking abilities, effective communication and organizational skills, ethics and compassion.
The practical nursing program at KCCC strives to provide quality education that prepares graduates for entry level nursing practice and for taking the licensure exam.
The Knox County Career Center-Adult Education is ranked a top LPN program in Ohio based on first time NCLEX-PN pass rates (98.21%). In fact, Knox County Career Center ranked #5 of 70 state approved offerings. You can find the rankings here: http://www.
Admission/Acceptance RequirementsThe minimum requirements for consideration in the program include:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Completed Application and $60 Fee
- Interview with Coordinator or School Representative
- 2 Professional/1 Personal reference
- TEAS Test or ACT (within the last 18 months)
- BEST test is required prior to skill assessment if English is a second language
- Documentation of Basic Computer Literacy
- BCI (state) and FBI (federal) background checks
- Physician Release
- Current Healthcare Immunizations
- STNA Certification (active)
- First Aid and Healthcare Provider CPR certification (active)
LicensureLicensure is available through the Ohio Board of Nursing NCLEX-PN licensure examination. Individuals successfully passing the licensure exam become a Licensed Practical Nurse. The licensed practical nurse is legally responsible and accountable for knowing the legally-defined scope of nursing practice.
Information about licensure:
Course ScheduleEnrolling Now for These Class Dates
12 Month Schedule—1340 Hours
July 2015 - July 2016
19 Month Schedule—1340 Hours
March 2015 - September 2016
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.*
(*Clinic/lab hours may vary)
Same as 12 month except: 3 days per week
Adult Education - 1481 Yauger Road, Mount Vernon
Current Program Calendar 12 months
Current Program Calendar 19 months
I honestly felt completely prepared for state boards and I know I would not have felt that way without the help of you and all of our amazing instructors. After taking boards I understand why they pushed us so hard all year long. At the time I didn’t really appreciate it but when taking that test I did! Hannah Traxler, LPN—Class of 2012
I have finished my BSN and have been accepted into the family nurse practitioner program at Chamberlain College of Nursing. I am now also board certified in emergency nursing. I still feel that KCCC has been a huge part of this and maintain that my knowledge base was all because of you guys! Andrea Jones, RN – LPN Class of 2009
Mrs. Nininger… I wanted to say thank you for a great education. At first, I was scared to start as a nurse, but now I feel confident in everything I do. I feel knowledgeable as a nurse, and I owe that all to the program at KCCC. To all the wonderful teachers and instructors. Hope all is well.Thanks, Cereda Vest–Class of 2012
Had an interview the other day in Mansfield and the DON told me that she was amazed we had all those different labs with hands on training with trach care, colostomy, etc.! She said most RNs she had come in as a new grad didn’t even have hands on foley and IV experience. She said I went to a great school that does excellent training! Thought you might want to know! Jen Nichols-Class of 2013
I am very thankful for the training that I received. I feel that it has prepared me well. So far everyone has said they weren’t expecting what I have been able to show them considering this is my first nursing job. Cheri Newton, LPN – Class of 2014